Friday, November 26, 2004

York vs. New York on Thanksgiving: The Great Friday Catblog Debate


Due to some crazy law where animals can't travel on Amtrak, I have been forced to spend Thanksgiving weekend all alone. Here are the pros and cons of spending a holiday alone in New York versus with my family in York:

Pros:
1. I can catch up on sleep. Nobody is bugging me and I can do whatever I want without supervision.
2. I don't have to be away and wondering what all my friends are doing. My friends can just drop by and see me and bring me food and pet me and I then they leave and I can go back to bed.
3. Nobody asks me where I am going and what I am doing.
4. I am not forced to eat food outside of my diet and don't have to worry about gaining any holiday weight.
5. I can watch whatever I want on TV and am not forced to sit through a horrendous screening of Jim Carrey in the Grinch.

Cons:
1. I miss sleeping with someone. It's cold alone here in the bed by myself.
2. I am missing all the good holiday sales at Walmart and Target. Walmart is open 24 hrs. a day in York.
3. I don't have that fantastic opportunity of bumping into some high school crush who now works in a factory and seeing a faint hint of regret on his face as we catch up.
4. I don't have anyone to argue with. Holidays are a great time for free-for-all family fighting.
5. It's lonely being single during the holidays no matter where you are.

No comments:

statcounter