Friday, November 12, 2004

It's Better to Be a Live Cat than a Dead Lion: Friday Catblog by MJ Cat


I've had a terrible week. The medicine in the needle in my ass for my loss of fur totally suppressed my immune system causing me to get a serious upper respiratory virus. I'm on the mend but I learned some things from my first real illness.

1. If someone has to take you to the emergency room at 2AM, don't jump out of your box and bite and hiss at the vet. It's best to be honest with your doctor and a trip to the ER is expensive so get your money's worth. Some cats don't have insurance.
2. If someone wants to wipe your nose and eyes with a warm cloth, let her. This is in your best interest and will make you feel better. Don't let your pride get in the way.
3. Take your medicine even if it means someone has to force a nasty tasting liquid down the back of your throat with a medicine dropper. Medicine makes a sick cat feel better.
4. Rest and don't push yourself. Let someone bring your bowl to the bed.
5. Although you might feel better hiding in a box under the bed in the middle of the night, if you notice that your person is looking for you for an hour, alert her to where you are hiding or she will freak out and think that you are dead. It's better to be a live cat, than a dead lion.

1 comment:

Rahel Jaskow said...

Feel better, MJ (and MJ's humans, too)!

statcounter