Tuesday, June 28, 2005

The Force Is Not With Me

Yesterday was a terrible day, although nothing really that terrible happened. I am still recovering and afraid to leave the house and answer the phone for a few days.

1. I had huge lapse in judgment and forwarded a short story via email that a friend of mine wrote. The friend that I sent it to responded NOT to me, but accidentally to the writer with the word "boring." Needless to say, this put me in a bad position and I had to call and apologize to the writer for forwarding on the story without approval and also convince him that I really did like the story myself (which I did.) I also owned up to my breach of judgment that I should never have shown it to someone else. My punishment is that he stated that he will cease sending me any juicy or confidential emails going forward, which blows, cause I love his emails and have a secret crush on him.

2. I had a disturbing conversation with a former fling where he accused me that I still have feelings for him. Frankly, I haven't seen or heard from him in months and have moved on, so I was caught by surprise by this bizarre accusation and told him that I was insulted by his assumption since he knew that my New Year's resolution was to Not Waste the Pretty, which includes him. I feel badly that this man is such a self-centered asshole because he lives close by and the chances of bumping into him are highly probable in the future.

3. After reloading my iPod for five days straight, I accidentally erased all the work I did during the phone conversation with #2. Needless to say, this was the final aggravation of long and upsetting day.

No comments:

statcounter