Friday, June 17, 2005

Cruise and Holmes get Engaged!



Someone actually emailed me and asked why I am obsessed with Katie Holmes? And my response is, how could I NOT be! I admire this woman. She has put aside all of personal beliefs, judgment, values and reputation to advance her career and bank account by agreeing to marry the publicity-crazy Scientology brainwashed Tom Cruise. I wish I could be that way in order to be more famous and make more money.

Cruise proposed to Holmes atop the Eiffel Tower and creepy Dakota Fanning was there to wish them all the best at Cruise's press conference to promote War of the Worlds. Yet, Tom and Katie go on to say that this entire relationship is NOT a publicity stunt!

And also, I'm willing to be patient to wait for the day when the entire romance/marriage goes to hell and Katie writes a tell-all book called, "What in the hell was I thinking?"

The CNN article ends with this statement:

Holmes said then that she was embracing Scientology -- Cruise's religion. The former star of television "Dawson's Creek" grew up with a poster of Cruise on her bedroom wall and has said she grew up wanting to marry him.

God, maybe this entire romance provides the hope for me that I can marry some of the men I had posters of on the wall as a teenager. Perhaps there is still a chance I'll be Mrs. Huey Lewis, Mrs. Robert Smith or Mrs. Daryl Hall. I now have a photo of Benicio del Toro on my fridge. Perhaps there's a chance for us!

Congrats to Katie and best wishes to Tom!

href="http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movies/06/17/cruise.holmes.ap/index.html">CNN.com - Cruise, Holmes engaged to marry - Jun 17, 2005

No comments:

statcounter