Saturday, September 02, 2006

I Miss Madame!

My friends all know that I have always been a big fan of Madame. After seeing JLo last night at the VMA's, I can't stop thinking about how I miss her bawdy puppet humor. Growing up, I used to watch Madame's Place with my mom when we couldn't sleep at night. She claims she never liked the program, but I distinctly remember watching this with her late at night in the early 80s. Madame also appeared on Solid Gold and on the Hollywood Squares. I think my early love of Madame was an early indicator that I would one day become a fag hag. When my sister and I went to see the AIDS quilt, we actually made a special visit to Wayland Flowers' square. Thank god for YouTube because I was able to track down a snippet from the show. Like JLo, I'm going to pay my respects to the greatest diva of all-time---Madame!

No comments:

statcounter