Sunday, November 20, 2005

Aslan Lives!


I haven't seen a really great movie this year until tonight. I attended a screening of the new Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. I don't know if I've ever seen an adaptation that so vividly brought a favorite childhood book of mine to life. Although I enjoyed the animated version as a kid, this movie brought the book to life in the vivid way I pictured so many of the characters when I first read the book in third grade. The movie itself defies intellectual criticism in the same kind of way as did My Dog Skip . Aside from the spectacular cinematography and the exciting adventure narrative, the film brought me back to my youth and reminded me how much I love reading and how that particular novel captured my imagination as an optimistic young girl. When the film goes into release on December 9th, I highly recommend that you see it as soon as possible. My eyes felt dusty throughout the movie as I experienced a serve sense of nostalgia along with emotions of hope and faith that movies can still be really entertaining.

No comments:

statcounter