Monday, May 23, 2005

Dr. Cruise Medicine Man

I rarely read Lloyd Grove, but I was absolutely shocked today when I read Tom Cruise's comments to Billy Bush on Access Hollywood about Brooke Shield's use of Paxil to conquer her postpartum depression. Tom actually states:

These drugs are dangerous. I have actually helped people come off,''...'When you talk about postpartum, you can take people today, women, and what you do is you use vitamins. There is a hormonal thing that is going on, scientifically, you can prove that. But when you talk about emotional, chemical imbalances in people, there is no science behind that. You can use vitamins to help a woman through those things.

For years, I always defended Tom Cruise's heterosexuality and sanity, but I have to say, today, he really pissed me off. There is nothing that makes me more angry than celebrities doling out half-assed medical advice. Vitamins? I take vitamins which does nothing for my mental state. Also, is Tom now a neuroanatomist and I missed the summary of his dissertation and research findings in In Touch?

And, how in the hell is he helping these women "come off" Paxil? Where is the Tom Cruise treatment center? I can't imagine turning to Tom Cruise to help me with any sort of medical problem. I hope this story gets blown up, because this is truly a celeb abusing his status and forcing misogynist lies and myths upon the ignorant American public. Brooke Shields better kick his ass. And, yet, this comment explains why Katie Holmes' face is breaking out. Tom's probably getting her to "come off" Proactiv and forcing vitamin E down her throat. Katie, get out before it's too late. This man is a total nut.

No comments:

statcounter