Thursday, March 27, 2008

Losing My Edge

There comes a time in your life when one day you wake up and all the things that you may have considered cheeseball for the last twenty years of your hip young adult life suddenly become cute or sentimental. You can still appreciate the edgier side of culture, but I think as we get older and closer to death, we subconsciously begin to embrace the softer easier side of life. Here are some things that a mere five years ago I would have laughed at, but now I proudly enjoy without shame:

1. Beauty and Beast as sung by Celine Dion and Peabo Bryson. I heard this today while getting my lunch at a deli and finally fell into the magic of that song. Actually, I kind of like Celine Dion now too and tear up when I hear "My Heart Will Go On" from Titanic.
2. Cats-As you all know, I love MJ Cat and are about to celebrate our 5th year together. There is nothing cuter than a little kitty purring in your face.
3. Jason Castro-Even a year ago, I would have made fun of poor American Idol contestant Castro. Now, however, I've fallen under the spell of his charming songs and dreadlocks as if he's my friend's talented son.

4.

No comments:

statcounter