Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Youth Without Youth Premiere


At certain times in my life, I realize that great experiences and opportunities that are available to me as I live in NYC. Tonight I was invited to attend the premiere of Francis Ford Coppola's first film in 10 years Youth Without Youth at the Paris Theater. As I sat in the same row as the Godfather himself, I have to confess, I felt a little starstruck. While the movie was no Apocalypse Now, I did feel Coppola was channeling his inner Lynch. I can't really explain the plot except two people get struck by lightening and then some funky stuff happens to their bodies and souls and people start speaking in Sanskrit, grow second sets of teeth and have doppelgangers following them around. Oh, and they are running from the Nazis and dreaming of Shiva. I don't think this film will be as successful as his last vintage, but as a Cinema Studies graduate, I feel a little more complete having sat in a theater with FFC himself which was kind of like the time I saw Steven Spielberg power walking in East Hampton.

No comments:

statcounter