Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Charcroute Awards

It's Awards Seasons and along with the Golden Globes, BAFTAs, Oscars, and the Grammys is the annual Charcroute Awards where I was an official seat filler. Being a seat filler is not an easy job. As part of this honor, I had to sit at a long formal table with a placecard and listen to a 30 minute dissertation about the definition of "charcroute." The host, however, did not speak very fluent English so I am still not quite sure what charcroute means except that after the speech some people I never heard of were inducted into the "Charcroute Hall of Fame" and then we were served a shitload of different kinds of sausages and saurkraut. I hate saurkrat more than I hate cheese and I don't think veal sausage quite agrees with my stomach. I also wasn't sat with my date Wyndham and had to converse with a food writer who told me about how she survived cancer. I'm not sure chemo and charcroute quite mix. On my other side, was a podcaster who was podcasting the event. I started asking her about her show but she didn't seem interested in my by far more popular and entertaining podcast. For her show, she was interviewing the French host who couldn't really speak English. As we left, the host kissed me on both cheeks and gave me a goody bag with even more charcroute and wine. I wonder if cats like charcroute. Now, I'm ready for the BAFTAs!

No comments:

statcounter