Thursday, April 06, 2006

Shalom in the Home


When I first saw the ad for TLC's new program "Shalom in the Home," I was intrigued about a reality TV show featuring a rabbi driving coast to coast helping people sort out their personal problems through his good will.

I, however, then realized that the rabbi spreading Shalom all over the US is press-whore Rabbi Shmuley Boteach who positions himself as a "family and relationship counselor."

Aside from finding the Oxford University L'Chaim Society, Rabbi Shmuley came into pop culture consciousness with his book "Kosher Sex" and his weird friendship with Michael Jackson. Shmuley even once interviewed at this crazy dot-com I worked for in the late 90s and when I met him, I didn't really get a real sense of Shalom.

So, now I don't think I'll watch Shalom in the Home. Rabbi Shmuley jumped the shark years ago.

No comments:

statcounter