Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Trader Joe's Grocery List


It's been a week since I made my first trip to Trader Joe's. For years, I've had friends from the West Coast bragging out Trader Joe's and I never understood what the fuss was about. I've always been a Jefferson Market/Gourmet Garage type of a girl. As most of my good friends know, I'm slightly obsessed with grocery stores. My sister once witnessed the time I had to go to at least ten stores to find the perfect cut of chicken wings to make for a party. I still don't get all the fuss about Whole Foods. Last Friday after a trip to the allergist, I decided to stop at TJ's on the way home. I even stood in line for five minutes to get into the store. Well, I've been enjoying my purchases for a week, and I have to confess, I can't wait to go back to that store. The food was cheap and delicious. The shelves were slightly picked over and there were some things I wanted to try, but the cashier told me I had to get to store before noon to get such items as tandoori flavored papadam. Here is a list of my latest purchases. I spent approximately $30.
1. Whole Grain Pretzels-Standard pretzel taste.
2. Chickpea Salad--I am kind of hooked on the chickpea salad.
3. Pita Chips--I used to buy Stacy's Pita Chips at Gourmet Garage, but these are just as good and half the price.
4. Bottled Green Tea--Cheaper than the Ito and just as good. Green tea is green tea.
5. Chili-covered dried mango--I haven't tried this yet.
6. Chicken Potstickers--I ate these for dinner last weekend and they were delicious with some Worcestershire sauce.
7. Frozen seafood mix--I haven't tried this yet, but Jen S. bought the same item and made a nice seafood salad out of it.
8. Low-fat Cat Cookies: I got a tub of these cookies and they are not only delicious and low-fat, but they are shaped like cats!
9. Yogurt--I tried the key like and it made a nice dessert. I have two more flavors to try in the fridge.
10. Premade wild rice--I haven't tried this yet.
11. Turkey Chili--I tried the canned turkey chili last night and although it made me fart like crazy all night, it was tasty.
12. Bagged herb salad--I always add my own dill and parsley, so it was nice to find this salad that includes these herbs. It was also cheaper than the Dole or Fresh Express mixes.

No comments:

statcounter