Thursday, March 09, 2006

Rollerskating at the Roxy


I couldn't blog last night because I was roller skating at the Roxy. I don't think I've been at an actual roller rink since around 1982. Growing up, I used to spend weekends at Roll-R-Way which burnt to the ground in the early 80s. I actually watched it burn down as I was exiting the York Mall with my mother. I vividly remember watching my fond childhood memories go up in flames that day. The scary thing about the Roxy was that there are older people there who never stopped skating. Also, people are drinking which adds an element of danger. My coworker Malcolm actually ended up in the hospital with multiple fracture. So, if you go skating at the Roxy, be careful. Drinking and skating don't mix. See my video above.

No comments:

statcounter