Wednesday, August 18, 2004

My readers and friends are equally neurotic

I want to thank all my readers who sent me emails in sympathy to my birthday dilemma. Here is my favorite response. I've taken out the names as this reader is notoriously private, but I really appreciated her kind words and relate to her neuroses. I consoled her by telling her any guy who would go to a Rush concert is lame.

" I just read your entry about the ipod. That blows! I think you should set up a jar at your party and write "IPOD FUND" on it. People will totally put money in it when they hear your tale of woe. Then tell your mom and sister that your FRIENDS contributed to the purchase of your ipod and they will both feel like jerks.

Don't feel bad about your birthday. My friend, insane crush of 2 years plus, and date to your party sent me an email today saying he had to cancel because he forgot that he was going to a Rush concert on Thursday night. With his girlfriend. (name deleted but it's a very BAD and STUPID NAME.) I was ditched for someone named (BAD AND STUPID NAME.) Also I have no date to and no prospects for my baby brother's wedding in a month. I went to heat up water for my laxative tea but my mother made me turn off the microwave because she was on the phone and the microwave and the phone can't be used at the same time. I don't know why. It's one of her "rules". I had to drink tepid laxative tea. It's called Smooth Move. How fitting. Someone in this house may end up chopped up in the freezer.

Your party will be fun. I'm looking forward to it. Think about the ipod jug.

No comments:

statcounter