Monday, August 16, 2004

Another Man Bites the Dust

When I first entered high school, I had a massive crush on Steve Carter. He was a senior and I was freshman and I loved him. He was funny, smart and nice. He once drove me to our band concert in his jeep. (He played the trumpet and I played the sax.) Unfortunately, when we arrived I fell out of the car and he laughed. On our band trip to Texas, I took numerous photos of his ass as he walked in front of me on the Dallas Cowboys football field. I have these photos proudly displayed in my high school photo album. Steve was also cast as Conrad Birdie in York Suburban 1986's production of Bye Bye Birdie. I was cast as a groupie who screamed and fainted each time he came near me. During our final production, we had a moment where I swear he actually winked at me onstage. After Steve graduated, I forgot about him and moved onto deeper obsessions. I miss the innocent crush I had on Steve. Now, he's a doctor and married to some girl he met on a mountain.

The New York Times > Fashion & Style > Weddings & Celebrations > Kathryn Simons, Stephen Carter

No comments:

statcounter