Monday, May 01, 2006

Junior Miss Update

Last year the Junior Miss board of directors announced that the program was closing. Of course, people went nuts and the program is back due to grassroots efforts. This Saturday the local York County Junior Miss program will celebrate 41 years. It seems, however, that the program has become much less competitive and they will let anyone in who applies. Back in my day, York County Junior Miss was competitive and you had to have real talent to make the cut. I had close friends who didn't make it and I still think they harbor some resentment till this day. Although I'm glad it's back, I do not think reciting a poem like that broad from Dover (the creationism school disctict) cuts it. I urge you to go to this link and meet the contestants.

No comments:

statcounter