Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Sex and the City=Amarula


I finally saw Sexo en La Ciudad or as we call here it NYC, Sex and the City. I have to confess, I actually read the book before the series even launched and was addicted to the show which forced me to subscribe to HBO. I also watch the watered-down reruns. So, as you can imagine, I had to go ASAP to see the film. A couple of weeks ago, I was hanging with my friend Deirdre and we got a little tipsy on this very sweet South African fruit liquor called Amarula. I knew it was too sweet and made of alcohol but I couldn't stop drinking it because it went down so smoothly and woke up the next day with a hangover. This is exactly what happened to me as a result of seeing the SATC film. It was sweet, and not really that good, but good enough that I couldn't stop watching and then I felt kind of empy and disappointed the next morning. I won't provide any spoilers except to say Miranda somehow aged the best and looks the most vibrant. SJP's Carrie demonstrates that being too thin can age you after forty. And, that Vivienne Westwood dress would make me want to get married too. I need to see it again this weekend.

No comments:

statcounter