Friday, April 18, 2008

Blood on the Tracks

Deep grief is an emotion I don't wish upon even my worst enemy. Since my dear friend Teeks unexpectedly passed away last June, I was feeling dull, sad, in shock and uninspired. Perhaps it is spring, but the dark cloud in my heart is starting to lift and I'm beginning to feel a little more like myself again. And, it's strange how small things can bring you back. My new chair from Room and Board gave me a new throne to sit on. I moved my crap into storage and threw out old dirty crap. I have an awesome team working for me at my job. I'm hosting a Passover Seder on Sunday and actually feel like celebrating with my friends. I went on a date last week. I'm going to visit my old friend in Maine next week.

But the truth is, I haven't felt much like writing and keeping this blog has been difficult for me as it's hard to be funny when all one feels is pain, sadness and a deep sense of true mortality. It's Friday night and I just cleaned the kitchen and I'm sitting here now and listening to Bob Dylan's album Blood on the Tracks which is sad, painful and cathartic which has inspired to write this post. It's a wonder I still know how to breathe.

No comments:

statcounter