Friday, October 05, 2007

To All the Boys I've Loved Before...

Over the past few weeks, I've been receiving desperate phone and text messages from men I was interested in the past. Actually, it was so far in the past that I've actually moved on and don't really think about them so much anymore. Now, that I've started a new job and prioritized some life goals, I must tell you guys, you are not at the top of my list anymore. I still like you as a friend and we can meet up one day but you seem to forget that there was a time, you broke my heart. You have a lot of nerve to leave me whiny messages about how I haven't called you back because I'm "too important" now or too busy to see you right now. And the truth is, I'm swamped and don't want to play your game of pursuit-withdrawal right now. So, simply, in my busy life right now, you are just not at the top of my call list. As you told me when you were a dick to me three years ago, "It's not you, it's me."

No comments:

statcounter