Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Scientology? Fuck that Shit! Transcendental Meditation!



As many know, David Lynch is one of my favorite directors. I once dyed my hair from brunette to platinum blonde after my first screening of the underrated movie Lost Highway. Page 6 posted today that Lynch is setting up schools for transcendental meditation callded the "David Lynch Foundation for Consciousness-Based Education and World Peace." Lynch, however, does not want his foundation to be confused for being a cult or a religion.
Quick to point out that "TM" is not a "religion" of "clones" but a "mental technique to dive within," he'll only say of Scientology and Kabbalah, "I don't know enough about either to comment. People believe in what they believe in, and that's a beautiful thing."
I have actually tried TM, and I must confess it does chill me out. I wish they offered it at Equinox.

No comments:

statcounter