I just started swimming as part of my fitness routine and there are all these rules of the pool. I'm trying to figure out if the pool rules are a metaphor for real life rules. I'm learning these rules by making mistakes or by having the lifeguard yell at me for breaking them.
1. Don't swim in the fast lane if you really want to swim slowly. It's not a race.
2. Make sure all your hair is tucked into the cap or you will get in trouble.
3. Don't assume you will be rotating lanes. You may just be asked to swim in the same one.
4. Make sure to breathe.
5. Old goggles are not as clear as new ones.
6. Make sure to doll up after your swim. You might run into someone on the way home.