Friday, May 18, 2007

Moment of Clarity

Today, I had a psychological breakthrough. I have a man in my life that I care very much about and today when we were on the phone while I was at work and I started bitching at him for being cranky. He replied, "I don't always have to be happy for you." He stated this in a nonabrasive manner as pure fact. I realized a few moments later that he's absolutely right. Neither he nor anyone else in my life has to be happy for me all the time and if someone is unhappy or in a bad mood, I shouldn't always take it personally. It's just not about me. I shouldn't put pressure on my relationships to perform for me. This all sounds very obvious but I think this thought pattern has hindered many relationships throughout my life. So, thank you, Teeks. I adore you even if you are a cranky pain-in-the-ass sometimes.

No comments:

statcounter