Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Nightmare on Harlan Street

Ever since I can remember, I've had a terrifying recurring nightmare where I fall into a huge top hat and am attacked by a live playing card. While this sounds crazy and defies most modern psychoanalytic interpretation (believe me, I've tried), I came across a video on YouTube that mirrored this awful nightmare which haunts me to this day. The dream that I have had since the age of 3 is actually the opening segment to the old TV Show Lidsville. In the dream, I replace Butch Patrick and fall into the hat where I encounter scary other hats, dragons, and witches. Lidsville was a Sid and Marty Krofft program I watched at a very young age without parental supervision. I don't think my parents realized how terrifying this program was to a toddler. Now, perhaps that I know it's source, that after 30 years, the dream will leave my subconcious. Yet, if you watch this again, you will see that this is still some very very scary shit and now I can't sleep.

No comments:

statcounter