Thursday, December 14, 2006

The Company Party

So, tomorrow night is the annual company Xmas party. And the truth is, although I love parties, I dread the annual holiday party. I always get cornered by someone I don't want to talk to and I am never comfortable drinking at these mass events and I hate standing in line for food. I don't mean to sound ungrateful and think it is very nice companies go all out for their employees, but for some reason, I just can't get into it anymore. Perhaps I'm spoiled. Lorne Michaels and Broadway Video used to host the best holiday party ever. I remember one year winding up with my head up Janeane Garofalo's shirt to smell her new chocolate scented cologne. This was when she was somewhat famous. After that party, I felt much closer to my coworkers and we all had a blast. Now, it's a different story. Last year one of the bankers got sloppy drunk and called one of our coworkers a slut, and she burst out crying and stormed out. I witnessed the entire incident. I didn't like the offender anymore and was forced to face him at work the next day. Thank god, he quit later in the year. So, I'm going to go, eat my free food and keep my mouth shut until next year in the blog.

No comments:

statcounter