Sunday, February 12, 2006

Blizzard!


MJ and I survived the big Blizzard of 2006. Starting Saturday night, we holed up and decided to have a cooking, cleaning and sleeping marathon. We bought all of our groceries as the first snowflakes began to fall. First, we cleaned the kitchen and bathroom floors. I actually scrubbed while Max supervised from atop his perch on the TV box. Then, we decided to throw out some old books from the overcrowded book shelf. We threw out such classics as The Red Tent, The Girl's Guide to Hunting and Fishing and a 1996 Zagat's Guide. As we were cleaning, we marinated a big London Broil. Our friend Kristen braved the storm and came over for the dinner which also included wild rice and a green salad. We offered her a frozen Tasky Kake for dessert, but she declined. After our dinner party, we went to bed but were roused when the lightening and thunder started to occur in the middle of the night. We stayed into bed until 3:00. I woke up and checked out the storm and took some photos which I posted on flickr. Then, I sorted some paper. As I did this, I made homemade chicken noodle soup, turkey chili, chocolate chip cookies, saffron rice and black beans. I ate black beans on Friday and I think I need some more this week. Now, we are getting ready for bed knowing that we survived the blizzard, but are not so sure we are going to survive Valentine's Day.

No comments:

statcounter