Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Kate Bush "Aerial" Album Released Today!


After 12 years, Kate Bush, one of my favorite singers, has released her new album "Aerial." I am an unabashed and unapologetic fan of Kate. I remember the first time I heard "Wuthering Heights" in the early eighties and was blown away that a teenager could write a song like that. While my friends were freaking out to Menudo, I was contemplating the second side of Hounds of Love. I even stood in line for five hours in the sleet to have Kate autograph the most expensive CD I ever purchased which was the bootleg Phoenix Recordings. I am glad she's back. Now, I have to go listen to Aerial so I can savor it without interruption. For those of you who might be unfamiliar with Kate, here is the Wiki summary of her career.

Here are my top ten favorite Kate Bush songs:
1. Wuthering Heights
2. Running Up That Hill
3. Cloudbusting
4. Under the Ivy
5. Why Should I Love You
6. December Will Be Magic
7. You're The One
8. The Man With the Child In His Eyes
9. Wow
10. This Woman's Work

No comments:

statcounter