I am in the process of being considered to adopt a three-legged cat. My mother who every day becomes more of a curmudgeon gave me the unsolicited advice that if I get this cat, I'm going to make "the worst mistake" of my life. Well, for the record, I've made a lot bigger mistakes in my almost 40 years. Here they are (not in order).
1. Sitting on the floor of the car while our German Shepard was sitting on the seat while my dad was listening to the CB radio which resulted in a dog bite across my face resulting in a scar and almost losing an eye.
2. Not saving any money in my 20s resulting in major financial hardships and credit issues that have taken many years to resolve.
3. Not considering the proposal with the love of my life in my 20s resulting in a situation where I'm a lonely old maid considering adopting a three-legged cat.
4. The time I knocked over the vase of flowers during an interview at Vogue.
5. Knocking out my front tooth winding up a tennis net.
6. Bleaching my own hair after watching Lost Highway.
See, I don't make many mistakes.